This small application generates a possible assignment for a group of adventurers, and an associated patron. You can also generate the patron element on its own which could act as a generic NPC in a wide varity of situations. The Patron/NPC characteristics (beyond the UPP) are not based on any particular system, but should be usable by most. The ultimate intent is to also incorporate it within my larger Port2Jump application as part of a fuller experience for 2D6 space travellers!
Instructions for Use
You can set one parameter, the current stance of the system. This effectively sets the balance between "peacetime" assignments and more military ones. The possible values are:
- At Peace
- Distant Threat
Then just click on 'Generate Assignment' to generate an assignment plus patron, or just click on 'Generate NPC' for just the NPC element (which ignores the Stance).
Read assignment parameter descriptions
Assignment Parameter Descriptions
The assignment parameters are:
- Patron: Who is offering you the mission.
- Mission Type: The broad class of mission, biased by system stance.
- Mission target: What you are going after.
- Opposition: Who might be opposing you.
- Support: What sort of support the Patron is offering. No guarantees though. (QRF = Quick Reaction Force)
- Legality: Just how legal is this operation (and of course depends on who's taking the view, and where from!)
- Space Distance: How far away is the target; feel free to adjust to the local area. Radial is a D6 on hex side from your current location on a sector map - if you want it.
- System Location: Whereabouts in the target system is the mission mainly going to take place.
- Relative Reward: We all have different scales for reward for players, so rather than an absolute value this is a relative suggestion.
- Difficulty: How hard the mission should be - driven by some of the other parameters, but again adjust for your players.
The Patron/NPC description parameters should be self-explanatory! Note that only key skills that are likely to be relebvant to a Patron/background NPC are included.
Assignment & NPC Generator v1.1 (c) 2020 David Burden/Tau Noyen Publishing - email@example.com
Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises. Portions of this material are © 1977-2020 Far Future Enterprises.